- Put more money in your pocket and save an average household over $450 per year by:
- Cutting hydro rates by 12% for families, farmers, and small businesses, saving an average family over $170 a year.
- Scrapping the Carbon Tax and cancelling Kathleen Wynne’s cap-and-trade slush fund, saving an average family $285.
- Cut income taxes by 20% for the second income-tax bracket, saving you up to $786 a year.
- Challenge, in the Supreme Court of Canada, any attempt by the federal government to impose a carbon tax on Ontario families.
- Reduce gas prices: lower gasoline taxes by 10 cents a litre and diesel taxes by 10.3 cents a litre, saving you every time you fill up your car or truck
- Stop taxing the poor: Introduce a minimum-wage tax credit so those on minimum wage pay no tax.
- Give parents a break: Create a 75% refundable tax credit for child care costs for children aged 0 - 15 and respect parents by leaving to them the choice of what kind of child care is best for their kids.
- Amend the Assessment Act to ensure that Ontario Branches of the Royal Canadian Legion pay no property tax
- Preserve rent control for existing tenants across Ontario.
- Increase the supply of affordable housing across the GTA while protecting the Greenbelt in its entirety.
What this will cost:
12% Reduction to Hydro Bills – Detailed further in hydro section.
Ending Cap and Trade - $1.9 billion per year to be offset by eliminating corresponding slush fund.
20% Middle Class Income Tax Cut - $2.26 billion per year, starting in year three.
Challenge Federal Government on Carbon Taxation - $30 million over mandate.
Lower Gas Taxes by 10 Cents a Litre - $1.19 billion per year.
No Income Tax for Minimum Wage Workers - $558 million per year.
75% Refundable Tax Credit for Childcare - $389 million per year.